The Goalkeeping Program
There are two core programs at the center of all we do with our goalkeepers....
For 2019/20 season we will have three keeper groups: Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced.
The advanced group (additional cost) includes a personal program for each keeper. Together the Hotspurs goalkeeping staff and keepers will develop the program, identifying the specific skills that they need. Each goalkeeper is different, so their training at this level needs to be focused specifically on their development.
All goalkeepers will have a club-wide pre-game that Coach Mark or Hotspurs staff will conduct.
We will continue the mentor program where Coach Mark will work with the keepers during their team training to work on core keeper skills.
Training feedback will be given to each keeper at the end of each season (fall, winter, and spring) with Match Analysis reports for Intermediate/Advanced keepers.
The Goalkeeping Academy
Spring 2020 - Goalkeeper Academy
Dates coming soon!
The goalkeeping academy is a weekly dedicated session for all age groups within the club. We tier the groups by ability, not by date of manufacture (the child's age). Contact Coach Mark to confirm session to attend.
The academies take place in season at the below costs:
- Beginners - $100 per season ($150 in winter) - U11-U12 can qualify for a 50% refund should they attend 75% or more of the practices (only applicable in fall and spring, pay full price in winter) - U10 pay 100% of the cost
- Intermediate - $150 per season - Hotspurs GKs in this phase can qualify for a 100% refund should they attend 75% or more of the sessions
- Advanced - $150 per season - Hotspurs GKs in this phase can qualify for a 100% refund should they attend 75% or more of the sessions
PAYMENT FOR THE ABOVE SESSIONS IS DONE BY CHECK AT THE FIELD - SHOULD YOU QUALIFY FOR A REFUND THE CHECK WILL BE GIVEN BACK TO YOU AT THE END OF THE 10 WEEKS - U11/U12 GKS SHOULD PAY WITH TWO CHECKS - 1 WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU AT THE END IF YOU QUALIFY
Please direct all goalkeeping questions to Coach Mark Duffield: coachduffield@hotspurs-soccer.
The GK Mentorship Program
The GK mentorship program is led by our Director of Goalkeeping Mark Duffield. Mark will support all our Youth Development phase GKs as well as the college prep phase GKs when they are in season.
All the GKs in this phase will get the following support:
- Mark will be at the field to run a GK specific warm up and activity before entering the player back into their session
- In scrimmage coaching while at the session
- Will run warm-ups for all GKs at the field
- Constant support from Mark from mentoring and written evaluations
- Video analysis program available to GK's (additional cost)
Location - Founders Field
- 3/28 @ No Off-Season (Russellton) – 11-12p or 12-1p
- 4/5 , 4/26, 5/3, 5/10, 5/17 and 5/31 @ Founders Field – 6-7p or 7-8p
Advanced GK Program
- Winter x 7 sessions 1 hr per session - Sat Mornings at Legends
- Spring x 7 sessions 1.5hrs per session - Sun Evenings at Founders
- 1 pair of GK gloves included
- 1 private session with GK Director Coach Mark
- Support with video for college
- 1 match analysis written per goalie